Spars and Challenges1. Obtain stats here prior to battling. STATS THREAD. The stats are based on your character’s breed type that you have chosen when you create your character, and your descriptions are used to tailor them to your character’s specific build. Stats increase as you battle, gain items, magic, and companions. Winning battles earns VP (victory points). Finishing battles earns EXP (experience points). 5 EXP = 1 VP.
2. All fighting threads are posted in the Battleground board, but you can choose the setting. All fight posts must be under 800 words. After each battle post, an admin or JA will roll the damages.DICE GUIDE is located in the Battleground for your review. This guide will tell you how to properly battle.
3. If your character is taken to 0 hp during a fight they are considered dead. You can forfeit any fight at any time, but to avoid the risk of death, tapping out is advised at 15 hp or lower. If you tap out within that range you will still earn the EXP of a completed fight, any earlier and you will not.
4. Administrators will judge the fight carefully based on grammar, prose, style, realism and creativity using the RUBRIC. Fights are only judged if there is no clear victor.
5. About partial judging:
If a fight defaults and each character has 2 or more attack posts each (dice rolled), the character that did not default can request partial judging. This means a rubric will be posted.
6. about teaching spars:
Teachers must be approved here. A teaching spar must be agreed upon and stated when the fight first starts. There can be only one teacher. The fighters will make their in character posts as normal, but the teacher will add an OOC section at the bottom of their post reviewing both fighter's posts and step by step detailing why an attack or dodge was good or bad, how it can be improved upon or changed, etc. The OOC post is made after each round of in character fighting posts. Generally this is very time consuming, but very beneficial.
7. About spars:
8. About challenges:
i. Yes! Items – such as armor, trinkets, machines, but not ooc prizes.
9. Amulets are trinkets of god blood. You can have up to 5 at a time and they must be on your character records to be used.
Conquering1. There are no longer any “invasions” but conquer challenges which are a set of 3, equally weighted challenges that will determine the outcome of a herd defeat or win.
2. No allies of any kind are allowed in these challenges. Allies are any character not part of your herd.
3. Only OFFICIALLY RANKED characters may participate in challenges (these are the ones with icons next to the name!)
4. If a player is absent or stolen at the BEGINNING of the battle (prior to the challenges being posted), you may replace them with any herd member above 2 years old.
5. All rounds have 72 hour fight windows – failure to reply eliminates you from the rest of the challenge and reduces your score for that challenge. All challenges happen in tandem and you cannot participate in more than one challenge for the whole event.
6. The challenges are the same for herd vs. herd and outcast vs. herd conquer events.
7. The winner of the Conquer Event is the one who wins 2/3 of the challenges. No challenge can end in a draw ensuring there will be one winner.
8. The winning team will be transferred to the herd automatically and the losing team will be outcasted. Since both herds will be on cool down in the meantime, the winners can choose how to divide their two lands since you can only lead one herd at a time. The winning team can decide to give their old land back to the admin to decide new leaders based on application should the winning team want this.
THE FIGHT CHALLENGE
1. All CRAFTERS will give their list of offensive and defensive items created prior to battle. Each “large project” (ie wall) will count as 5 points. Each individual item (ie armor/weapon) will count as 1 point.
2. All WARRIOR ranks will fight in a single, 3 round chaos style battle. Between each round, dice will be rolled according to who attacked whom and tallies will be drawn before the next round. When you reach 10 HP, you are eliminated. Since 0 HP means death, we will not allow you to die without your consent; you will be eliminated before you die. When you reply, you must BOLD names of characters you attack. Each warrior will receive a rubric even though we assume most characters will be eliminated by the second round. HP will be added on either side in a total tally. The side with the highest HP will win “20” points.
3. All HEALERS can strategically heal characters between rounds by PMing the “Kaos” account. Healers will have 24 hours to choose a character to give HP to and PM the account before the next rounds starts. Each healer can give a maximum of “10 HP” for ALL ROUNDS.
4. The side with the most points at the end wins the “FIGHT” challenge.
THE SNEAK CHALLENGE
1. ALL SNEAKS write their best 3 riddles which are posted for sneaks of the other team. The riddles must be for Helovian characters (any character on the memberlist is free game except admin controlled accounts like the gods, random event, etc). Answers are PMed to the “Kaos” account.
2. The sneaks on the opposite side must PM their answers within 72 hours to the “Kaos” account. Each sneak has only 1 guess per riddle.
3. The team with the most “correct” answers win. In the event that an admin participates in this challenge in any way, the password to the “Kaos” account will be changed by the other admin.
4. In the event both teams tie, the win will go to the team with the most riddles and therefore most sneaks.
THE FUTURE CHALLENGE
1. All LEADERS and WISE ONES will post to a thread made by the god of the land being invaded. Their goal is to discuss what they have accomplished in their rule as well as their future plans if they win the conquer event. Good things to include in this speech are: active ranks, recruiting, herd size, herd champ wins (in an IC way), crafting accomplishments, sneak accomplishments, diplomacy, warriors who have high VP (elite fighting force), successful herd meetings, etc.
2. Each group will appeal to the god of the side being invaded (For example: if the Hidden Falls is being invaded, both teams will make their speeches to the Earth God). These speeches will be judged on creativity of plans, grammar, prose, political savvy, effectiveness of past accomplishments, organization, activity, and overall leadership.
3. The winner of this challenge is decided by a committee of 3 people, one of whom is an admin. No members of the committee can have ranked characters in either herd or participate in the challenge event. Though the committee members will remain anonymous, they will post their thoughts and outcome via “Random Event” by an admin.
How do I start?
HERD vs. HERD
1. In order to instigate a conquer event, you must speak to your patron god. The Wise One must summon your patron god and PM the “Official” account that you want to start a conquer event. This does not require the use of a pass and the challenges will begin immediately. (If you want the element of surprise, you may PM the “Official” account PRIOR to posting your official Wise One post).
2. The ranked characters for each herd will be taken the moment the PM to “Official” is received. You may substitute ranked characters or add them up until the moment the challenge is posted. Once the challenge is posted with the ranked characters listed on the post, those are the ones who MUST participate (or default).
3. Each herd has a 1 season “cool down” after being invaded. So if the Hidden Falls successfully invades the Dragon’s Throat, both herds have a 1 season cool down before either can invade or be invaded again.
OUTCAST vs. HERD
1. In order to instigate a conquer event, you must be in possession of the Dead Land. The Dead Land is a pseudo herd land which is under the watch of the “Kaos” god. This land has all the privileges and abilities of a normal herd except you can only live here for 1 IC year (8 months) before you are kicked out. You must invade another herd before this time frame. Once you either win or lose an event, you are ousted and another group will inhabit the Dead Land by admin choosing.
2. To acquire the Dead Land you must submit an application to the admin describing your ideas and plans. Include all the assets and members you have in your group. The admin will vote on who gets the land based on their thoughts on who is most equipped to succeed (we want you to win!).
3. Summon Kaos with your “wise one” to instigate a conquer event. The same rules apply as in Herd vs herd. You do not have to use a pass and there is a one season cool down on all challenges. If the herd you want to invade is on a cool down and you are nearing the end of your 8 months, you may qualify for a temporary extension IF you PM “Official” letting us know.